Friday, December 3, 2010

Is it all ready December?

Is it really all ready December?? Gosh time has flown by! I can't believe it!!

I took Georgia to see Disney Princesses on Ice a couple of weeks ago and she LOVED it! I really love this age- she is really growing up.

I had to have surgery the week before Thanksgiving and still haven't quite recovered from it although it's been 2 weeks. I keep thinking back to the first time this was done when I was 15 years old and then went to dance in a show 2 weeks later. I guess I'm not 15 anymore! This particular procedure was quite a bit more invasive, but I'm hoping to be back to normal in another 2 weeks. Actually- that is what my doctor says. For myself I would have liked to be back to normal yesterday!

So needless to say starting out the holidays (Thanksgiving) with a surgery isn't the best. Georgia came home a few days after my surgery with 104 degree temperature!!! I took her into the doctor and she had 2 ear infections, strep throat and scarlett fever. When the doctor said "Scarlett Fever" I almost lost it! I began thinking she was going to be hospitalized and all sorts of things. Then I asked what exactly it was and found out it's really just a rash that can go along with Strep. It can be deadly but if you get them on antibiotics it will clear up. So Georgia started antibiotics and was almost back to normal after a few days. Unfortunately less than a week after my surgery I caught the cold she had and was completely knocked out.

We both got it together enough to go to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. My little brother who I haven't seen a year and 3 months was in town and I was SO excited to see him! He is in the NAVY and stationed in Virginia. He was deployed last year to Bahrain so our visits with him are few and far between. We had a great time with family and lots of great food! I flew out that afternoon to Naples (Florida) yep fresh out of surgery and recovering from whatever virus Georgia passed on to me. Luckily it was super relaxing and I got to spend some time with some great people.

Georgia is 100% better now and I am getting there! We are ready for all the Christmas festivities that come with the month of December- Moody Garden's lights, Hot Chocolate, Festivals, Family and Fun!

No comments: